UNDERGRADUATE CERTIFICATE AS JUDO INSTRUCTOR
If the National Federation Coaches are not involved in teaching high-performance competition, this course will give them the structure and methodology to teach judo to all sectors of Judo. The academic qualification gained also allows our coaches to seek jobs as Judo coaches in teaching institutions. Therefore, all Judo Coaches, who need an international licence, and retired competitors who want to enter the profession of coaches are all potential students for this course. We will also advertise this course as a form of a dual-career opportunity to Junior Judoka who want to receive an academic qualification while they are still competing, as our blended form of delivery is ideal for their continued travel schedules.
Undergraduate Certificate as Judo Instructor
Level 5 of the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF) and of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) for Lifelong Learning.
This new course is the update to the old Level 1 Instructor, which remains valid but now this is accredited academically according to the European Qualification Framework (EQF) Level 5 and includes 30 credits. More information about EQF is here
Licence no: 2018-015
Licence category: Higher Education Institution - listed here, search for IJF Academy Foundation
- USD 900 for new enrolments.
- USD 550 for former qualification holders of Level 1 – Instructor may enrol and upgrade their qualification to UCJI
Important: Students facing challenges with the fee payment before 10 August, we can offer the Late Payment Agreement solution. Please, contact us if you wish to learn more about this assistance by email.
Successful students will gain the UCJI – EQF Level 5 qualification if they have completed the following phases:
- Phase 1: Theoretical online modules for 18 weeks. Students must complete all listed 13 module examinations by a minimum of 60% passing rate. For more details, please check the Student Handbook.
- Phase 2: Practical session of one (1) week to be organised according to the published calendar by IJF Academy. For more details about the requirements, please check the Student Handbook.
Semester timeline starting in August
Start date: Monday, 10 August 2020
End date: Sunday midnight, 13 December 2020 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Friday, 31 July 2020
Students must be nominated by their respective National Judo Federation. The nomination form can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org
Language of the semester starting in August in English, French, Russian and Spanish.
The upcoming new semester will start in March 2021.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Black belt, first Dan in judo with valid membership of a national judo federation affiliated with IJF.
- Access to the internet by utilize the dedicated online portal to undertake the dedicated module online examination as well as access a range of indicated online resources.
- Knowledge of the official course languages.
- Necessary fitness level to complete the practical session.
The learner will be able to;
- distinguish and explain the 100 Kodokan judo and Nage no Kata techniques
- refer to and explain the judo moral code elements in adequate situations during training
- explain the structure of IJF and its members including the roles and responsibilities
- explain the judo refereeing rules all age groups
- explain the safety features in the dojo during training
- emphasise the physiological actions during training
- explain the age-specific belt examination requirements and progression
Course learning procedure
The students will learn through word documents, PowerPoint presentations converted into PDF files, and videos during the online session as well as self-study from indicated readings, discussion forum feature and inquiry-based learning.
- History of Judo
- Classification of Judo – Part 1
- Culture of Judo
- About IJF
- Classification of Judo – Part 2
- Role of Instructor
- Exercise Physiology I.
- Classification of Judo – Part 3
- First Aid and Safety
- Classification of Judo – Part 4
- LTAD Stages
- Nage no Kata
- Refereeing Rules I